Re-Key Service in Perth
Locksmith Perth 247 offers the cheaper option of re-keying locks than replacing the locks. Re-keying locks achieve the goal of security for the home or office as a new key to unlock the door or doors in the property is made.
The lock must be one that is in good shape and properly functions to ensure the security and function of the lock and key.
Call Us 0427 580 823
Re-Key Service Perth
There are situations when a lock needs to be replaced and situations when it can be rekeyed. It is essential that your locksmith be one that is knowledgeable in locks so that they can offer the cost efficient service of rekeying your lock as opposed to replacing the lock when possible.
Before you assume that your lock needs to be replaced discuss your situation with your locksmith to determine whether the lock is one that can be rekeyed.
Different situations that require a re-key include:
- When you move into a new property the locks should be changed or rekeyed to ensure that there are no keys to your home in the wrong hands. Changing the locks is always the best in a situation of a new property.
- When you have keys that have been lost or given out to family, friends or neighbors that have not been returned.
- When your keys have been stolen.
- When you aren’t sure who has a key and who doesn’t.
- When you’ve given keys out to service providers that no longer work for you and have not returned the keys.
- When the keys have been damaged.
- When your home has been broken into, regardless of whether they have broken in through the entry door. Re-keying your residential or office locks is a security precaution that should not be overlooked.
- You want to use the same key for all the locks in your home.
- Re-keying your locks helps to ensure the security of your home or office.
Why Re-Key Your Locks
The primary reason to rekey your locks is to reduce the costs of lock replacement. Replacing locks is costly and one that is often not necessary. However, if your lock is one that is defective or malfunctions, you should replace the locking system with a top security lock.
How Locksmiths Perth Re-Key Locks
When your locksmith rekeys your locks, they will change the tumblers of the lock cylinder with tumblers of different sizes. A new key is then made that that matches the new tumbler secquence.
While there are rekey sets, rekeying locks is often difficult for the average property owner. A new hole may be needed which will need to be drilled with a hole saw and the template must be perfectly lined up to go through the door without the slightest angling. Locksmith Perth 247 offer affordable rekeying solutions.
Locksmith Perth 247 offers emergency locksmiths Perth services that are fast and convenient and do not dismiss affordability. Our locksmiths are accustomed to receiving emergency calls at all hours of the day and gaurantee a quick response time.
Whether you have lost your keys and need your locks to be rekeyed, or your lock is damaged due to a breakin, we will quickly respond with outstanding locksmith services.
Contact Us Today
For the fast response of a professional Perth locksmith, contact Locksmith Perth 247 at the number below. We are your locksmith service provider that only dispatches the best and most qualified Perth locksmiths for home, office and auto locksmith issues. We also offer the option of completing our “Book a Locksmith” form here on our site.
Call us at 0427 580 823