How Much Does It Cost To Replace Car Keys?
Posted on 25th, Mar 2019
Many things in Life aren’t replaceable, luckily your Car Keys are.
The leading Car Locksmith in Perth, we get into our Vans and are on our way to you, a few minutes after receiving your call for Emergency Assistance when you’ve lost your Car keys.
How much does an Emergency Locksmith cost these days to replace a set of car keys? It all depends on the kind of Car you drive.
If you drive an older car, manufactured before 1990, the doors will be operated by a Mechanical Lock. For this type of job, a Locksmith in Perth will charge between $140 – $220 to resolve.
If you drive a newer car, your car will likely use a Transponder Lock. These are more expensive. They could cost you $500 plus – depending on the car you drive.
Why Are Transponder Automotive Locks So Expensive?
It’ really because of the technology they use. Transponder Automotive Locks are very secure. Cars with Automotive Locks are hard to break into because the key is coded and linked to your Vehicle’s Onboard Computer. Not easy to break into.
When You Lose Your Transponder Car Key – We Need To Make You An Entirely New Automotive Car Key
The key is made from specialised metal that carries a frequency around it. Our job as Expert Automotive Locksmiths in Perth, is to provide you with a base key (which is expensive) and then code it onsite – linking the code to your car’s onboard computer.
Not Every Locksmith In Perth Is Able To Make Transponder Keys
It’s a specialised Locksmithing skill we are fortunate to have invested in years ago in our company. All our Locksmiths on Staff are trained to unlock all types of car doors and make Automotive Keys that get you back on the road in no time.
What Makes An Automotive Locksmith In Perth Valuable?
It’s a question we often ask ourselves at Locksmiths Perth 24X7. Value is what we seek to add to the clients’ whose doors we unlock.
What We’ve Found Our Clients Value When It Comes To Automotive Locksmiths?
- Speed – which is why we strive to get to your location in under 25 minutes
- Experience – there are things only experience teaches you. Having been around for 10 years, there is no lock we don’t have the expertise in house to open.
- Service – we cater to all suburbs of Perth. Our vans are stationed conveniently in your suburb, so it doesn’t take us long to reach you to assist you.
- Qualifications – all our Locksmiths are Qualified with TAFE certificates to match. The Locksmith Course takes 4 years to complete. It is not easy to pass. Our people combine educational with mechanical skills to give you service you simply wouldn’t receive elsewhere.
- Master Locksmith Approved -the Master Locksmith Association is an important body in our industry to have a membership to. As Members, we receive advance notice of any changes to our industry. We also adhere to the standards they prescribe in their manuals – guaranteeing the Quality of our Service and Workmanship to you.
To Get A Professional Locksmith On Your Side, Talk To Us To Replace Car Keys
Our rates are affordably priced.To get a FREE Quote, call us now where ever you are in Perth on 0427 580 823. Alternatively, fill in the Enquiry Form provided and hit that SUBMIT button.